Thanks for visiting my site. Feel free to look around and leave a comment if you wish.  I believe in sharing with, and learning from, others who are as interested in education and social justice issues as I am.

A Bit About My Background:

I am originally from Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean, but I have been living in Canada for many years. Trinidad is known as the land of steelpan and carnival. It’s a great place to grow up and to visit. I am definitely a proud Trini!

Trinidad and Tobago mapcarnival costume 4Piarco

I love dancing, easy hiking, fishing, basking in the sunshine and enjoying nature whenever I can.

I also love being a grandma to precious Kylan-Joseph and Kiyana.

2014-11-29 20.38.20IMG_20140821_181642

I have been an educator for 33 years, mainly as a secondary school teacher teaching many different subjects to many types of learners in many locations, including Trinidad and Canada. I am now an instructional designer at Thompson Rivers University (TRU) Open Learning in Kamloops, BC, Canada. I have experience in learning design, curriculum development and delivery, distance education and online learning, open educational resources, undergraduate and graduate collaborative program design, educational technology and educational leadership. I love all things open and intercultural. 

Gail